We’re going to target our cores this week with the superman move. When a lot of people hear ‘core’ the only thing that comes to mind is their abs, but there’s so much more to it! Along with your front abdominal muscles, your core includes your lower back, upper back, and all surrounding muscles. The superman targets your glutes, hamstrings, upper back, lower back, shoulders, and your abs. Now there’s a workout.
As you do the superman this week, keep in mind these key benefits:
- Spinal support. This move strengthens the erector spinae muscles that provide support to the spine.
- Posture. Strong back muscles can prevent postural deviations that lead to poor posture and discomfort, such as kyphosis (“hunchback”).
- Injury prevention. A strong core is important for reducing strain on the lower back, which can lead to pain or injury over time.
Add this Weekly Work Out Movement this week and get Juuva Workout points on your Weekly Check In!
Week 4 Movement: Superman
- Beginner: Hand and knees extending either arms OR legs
- Advanced: Perform Superman with a push up in between
Do the Beginner or Advanced movement for 1 minute for up to 6 days a week.
Once you’ve completed yours, be sure to post on the JuuvaFIT Challenge Group to let us know!